Kiss me you fool



Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your...Kiss.....Princ
e

Go ahead use up all those lame comments...Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday, I am romantic all year round, I do not need to buy a card for this day my spouse/partner/ lover/etc...knows how I feel ...done?! I like Valentine's Day and am ashamed to say it. I have always liked it and am pretty sure am not going to swayed from that at this age by the need to "fit in" and "be cool" with the cynical crowd.  I am thinking that all those people who say these things would so not turn down the chocolate or coffee or even smile aimed their way on Valentine's Day if I was to send it to them...and if you would there is therapy for you.


I am not ashamed to say I like this holiday because like any other it is what you take and make with it.  I will not lie and say that I do not like jewelry, or if you can write a good card, or a sexy little something but honestly I do not need expense what I do like is a tender moment and good kiss (or a sloppy little boy one that I get from my boys all the time but more of on this day).  I liked Valentine's Day even on the days that it meant I was broken-hearted because the boy I did like gave his grubby little card to someone else, on the days that the only person who gave me any acknowledgement was one of my amazing friends or as always my Mom who never forgot to buy me a little gift and a wonderful card on this day.  My Dad gave me flowers at times but I do think my Mom was the "reminder" for that.  


In a world where it has become so easy to be so mean to others, to focus on the negative.. why is it that we cannot take a moment and acknowledge this day that celebrates love and passion? Support the economy by buying a card, a flower, a box of chocolates...if you have more then buy more...if you cannot well then here is one of the things that I will always remember that may work for you.  I was dating someone once and we were young and of course money was pretty non-existent...so he wrote me a cheesy poem (Juliana rhymes with...wait for it...do you wanna?) that I still remember lines from on the back of a bill envelope.  He also borrowed money and took me to Pizza Hut and to this day I still smile at how much I loved that night...he gave me what I like about this holiday a moment where someone told me they cared for me. 


So go ahead pooh pooh it and seem all cigarette smoking, Nietzsche reading, brooding, anti-establishment in attitude about it but should your child bring you that most revered of all ...a handmade card or drawing...or the extra kiss (or more) that your significant other wants to give today...admit that it will make you drop that cigarette and smile. Celebrate love ...it is a good thing...so is sex and passion and of course there is nothing like a good kiss.  A good kiss..tingles at the moment and sometimes even just in memory.  Happy Valentine's Day ...and go ahead go love someone...go on stop reading...SMOOCHES

Give me a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss.... Louis Armstrong

Comments

Popular Posts